Commitments A.C. Donaubauer

5 Stars

Commitments is the second book of The Order series. It picks right back up into the story with Enric and Eryn. 

General Comments

I enjoyed this book, this series is a fun read for me. I normally don't like a book with a lot of political dealing and secrets but this book seems to be an exception for me, it was done really well. In this book we jump right back into the story from the first Eryn is starting to open her Healers practice. We get to see her go on a new adventure into the woods leaving the kingdom for the first time since she was brought there.

Characters

Eryn is a fantastic character because I think she does a lot of self reflection and she seems grounded in who she is and doesn't try to become something she isn't. I found her character to not be annoying which is a relief. I still got a bit annoyed with 'the boys' Enric and Lord Tyront when they felt like they can manipulate Eryn behind the scenes. But I think that has to do with the political aspect as well. I don't want to say anything to give any parts away but I can say I am not a big fan of Ram'an and leave it at that.

World Building

We definitely see this world expanding its interesting to travel to Eryns home country and see a whole new perspective. I also really like how modern things have been adapted into the story but explained as something this new culture does. The way things were explained let me view these things that are common to me as new, which I thought was pretty cool. Over all I think this is a great read and fantastic series, if you want a fantasy world to jump into I think this is a good one to pick. 

I have received an ARC from the Author for my honest review











 


0 comments:

Post a Comment